Re: [Distillers] Bourbon Bubbles

  • Tom Cormack
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 3, 2001
      I was thinking about the CO2 aspect and wonder if the bubbles in commercial
      bourbon only occur when coke is added by postmix machines or from the bottle
      as well - I to am now perplexed by this revelation

      Tom
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 3, 2001
        There might also be something modifying the surface tension, and hence
        changing the amount of energy required for the bubbles to form

        Tony
      • AuntyEthyl
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 3, 2001
          Hi Tom,

          I'm fairly sure that the bubbles occur both with post
          mix and bottled varieties of cola.

          Its an old bartenders trick in remebering which of the
          four coke mixed drinks was the bourbon. There's that
          slight ring of foam around the edge of the fluid
          level.
          Doesn't happen with scotch, brandy etc.

          Which probably means it has something to do with the
          corn.?

          Tony may be onto something with the comment re:
          changes to the surface tension.

          Also Perplexed
          AuntyEthyl

          --- Tom Cormack <tcormack@...> wrote:
          > I was thinking about the CO2 aspect and wonder if
          > the bubbles in commercial
          > bourbon only occur when coke is added by postmix
          > machines or from the bottle
          > as well - I to am now perplexed by this revelation
          >
          > Tom

          http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1
        • G&N
          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 4, 2001
            I mixed put a teaspoon of sugar in an essence based bourbon to try and
            modify the flavour and it to gave a foam type of rection to the drink so
            maybe it is sugar that is in commecial based bourbon.

            Glenn