Euro5 still

  • glen
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 2, 2001
      Discovered that my still has a crusty 425watt element!   I hate my still I think it's a piece of shit....makes me wonder why some other people that have them quite like them?  Mine takes an hour to heat 4.7 litres of wash___manual says maximum of 40 minutes everybody who uses one say 30 minutes.   Then an hour to pull almost a litre.  Of course mine takes aboout 1 1/2 hours to do that so a total time of 2 1/2 hours to pull under 1 litre....whats the response i get????  "whats wrong with that" What that means is it is taking me almost 15 hours to do 5 litres at the crusty (original 70%) when the other still available to us from the shops...is taking 4 hours to do 5 litres at 80% great marketing pitch!

    • Pete Sayers
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 2, 2001
        Glenn, you sound a little miffed, why dont you go to the retailer you purchased the unit from, and ask all these questions of him/her.
        I have been selling the Euro stills since they came out, (altho i dont sell the 5 litre ones) and your complaints dont run true. Perhaps there is some thing missing in your approach.
        Pete

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 7, 2001
          After making the proper modifications to my euro5 i am now able to get 95% purity form it.  ITS NOT SUCH A BAD STILL AFTER ALL!

          Thanks PILCH
        • Ian
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 7, 2001
            That will be GOD to you from now on.