Bucket style!

  • Procule le Guizou
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 30, 2001
      Hi all!

      I've built my first still this summer with an old 2L presto.
      But 2L is not enough and it takes several runs to do all my wash.

      I've tried to find something to act as a bucket to contain the wash
      but it is not easy to find something that can sealed and unsealed to
      throw the rest after the run.

      In the photos on the Tony's site, many people have used a cauldron.

      My question is how to used this cauldron and make it sealed but not
      permanently ?

      Thank you,

      Procule
    • Strounge
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2001
        > Hi all!
        > I've tried to find something to act as a bucket to contain the wash
        > but it is not easy to find something that can sealed and unsealed to
        > throw the rest after the run.
        > Procule

        My old standby for sealing is just flour and water dough - mixed so that it remains slightly sticky, it can be used to seal on the lid and to seal all the joints of the lyne arm and condenser. I've even used it with narrow necked containers to form a bung for the still. It's also nicely intolerant of pressure so it forms a handy safety valve,
        Strounge