Re: [Distillers] OT Melbourne Cup

  • owen perkins
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 31, 2005
      Wish I'd read your post before the race was run. She is good isn't she?

      owenperko

      Harry <gnikomson2000@...> wrote:
      Well I've had a couple of wee drams and had a think about the cup on
      Tuesday. I Picked Mackybe Diva 2 years ago to win (she did) but she
      got under my guard last year as some of you will remember. This year
      she has to carry a weight record for a mare, and do the impossible of
      winning this race 3 times, IN SUCCESSION. It's never been done before,
      but if ever there was a horse who had the chance, it's Mackybe Diva.
      I've never seen a horse as good as her in my 40 or so years of racing,
      and I've seen some good'uns (Kingston Town, Northerly, Think Big,
      Sunline, Octagonal, Manikato, Leilani, just to name a few).

      So I'll put my money where my mouth is, and declare the Diva a good
      thing. IF there's to be an upset, I have a liking for the Japanese
      horse, Eye Popper. My thoughts are they will run the Quinella (1&2).