Re Distilling to Rid of green copper smell/taste

  • californiashiner
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 31, 2005
      I have about 1.5 Gallons of 50% ABV that I want to run through a 10
      Gallon still. How much water should I add to the boiler along with the
      gallon and half? Would it be a problem if I just added this gallon
      and half to another sugar wash and distilled it all together?
    • Robert Thomas
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 1, 2005
        If it's a reflux still, dilute to any volume you like
        (make sure you cover any elements totally).
        If you have copper in it, make sure you acidify (or
        atleast neutralise) before distilling. Something
        nonvolatile like citric acid.
        Cheers,
        Rob.

        --- californiashiner <califshiner@...> wrote:

        > I have about 1.5 Gallons of 50% ABV that I want to
        > run through a 10
        > Gallon still. How much water should I add to the
        > boiler along with the
        > gallon and half? Would it be a problem if I just
        > added this gallon
        > and half to another sugar wash and distilled it all
        > together?

        Cheers,
        Rob.

        http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs