Re: [Distillers] Virus found in e-mail from a person on this list

  • Mel Robinson
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 29, 2001
      Hello

      There is nothing like having a good Virus checking program, but they are not
      perfect, to further protect your system and stop the spread of this problem
      to other computers here is a tip I got from another group.

      Create a contact in your email address book with
      any name you wish (I used Virus :>)) do not give the contact an Email
      address.

      If a virus attempts to do a "send all" on your
      contact list, your PC will pop up an error
      message saying that: "The Message could not be sent
      because one or more recipients do not have
      an e-mail address. Please check your address
      Book and make sure all the recipients have a valid
      e-mail address."

      You click on OK and the offending (virus) message
      will not be sent to anyone.

      The offending (virus) message will then be
      automatically stored in your "Drafts" or
      "Outbox" folder. Go in there and delete
      the offending message. Problem is solved
      and the virus will not spread. I did this with Outlook I do not know about
      AOL, or Netscape, or whatever.

      IMPORTANT NOTICE

      Now this is a good tip and you all should send me a Litre of your best {:>))
      Regards Mel