Re: [Distillers] level detector with paralell port

  • Robert Lemmen
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 28, 2005
      On Fri, Oct 28, 2005 at 12:25:57PM -0000, random9988 wrote:
      > Just want to mention that it's easy to build a level guard with the
      > help of a parallel port. Use one data pin and one ground from the
      > port, It detects closed and open on the computer. Be aware though that
      > it works like electrolytis so it'll corrode one of the sensor pins.
      > Can be useful for.. well I don't know.

      if you do anything like this, please a simple one-transistor amplifier
      stage and a high-ohm resistor to make sure only very little current is
      actually flowing. this makes sure you have no corrosion problems, don't
      damage your port and makes it more sensitive should the liquid be a bad
      conductor (like distilled water is)

      cu robert

      --
      Robert Lemmen http://www.semistable.com