Re: [Distillers] Re: Aging with glass and cork?

  • Roderick Holmes
    Message 1 of 28 , Oct 27, 2005
      Harry,
      Your idea of a tube filled with oak is not far off. Jack Daniels has been doing a similiar process when they make their whiskey. If you have ever watched it on the history channel it is facinating. They don't use oak they use maple 2x2s and stack them in a pile two stories high. Pour Jack Daniels all over it and set it on fire and make a huge bonfire. They then take the charcoal and fill huge bins and have a drip system that slowly drips the unaged whiskey through the 10' deep bins of charcoal blocks. Sounds like a similiar process to your tube system. Take a look at their website and they tell more about it at:
      www.jackdaniels.com

      Roderick

      Michael <outsider1958@...> wrote:
      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "emailbenja" <emailbenja@y...>
      wrote:

      > --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Davis" <davis668@s...>
      wrote:

      > > Can anybody advise me where to get a small 240v recirc pump in
      > Australia, I
      > > seem to remember about one a while ago in the brisbane area
      > > Thanks
      > >

      > I read in the paper on the weekend that the newly opened BCF
      > superstores (boating, camping, fishing) have a several 000'L pump
      for
      > about $20. Its a bilge pump i think, but it is 12V. Should be able
      > hook it up to a power supply though. Otherwise, go to a aquarium or
      > pet store (try aquariums r us for the best price) and get a pump
      from
      > there.
      > cheers
      > benja

      i use a 12v 360 gph bilge pump i have a 12v 1 amp tranformer that
      runs it i put that on a old comp power supply fan that keeps it
      cool... off the fan it gets up to 160f on the fan it stays at 90f
      works pretty good

      Management team building Corporate culture Corporate culture change Business culture of china Corporate culture training Management team