ebay stiller gone crazy

  • emailbenja
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 26, 2005
      That guy from Geelong is at it again- 5 stills for sale ending in the
      next hour!
      Some of the specs are questionable too-

      http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Your-new-hobby-making-alcohol-from-a-Moonshine-
      Still_W0QQitemZ4784128409QQcategoryZ113696QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

      My HB shop has one in , the column is 2" diameter and about 2'long.
      Cant see how he gets 95% pure at 2.5L/hr from this setup with a 2200W
      element.
      very suspect...

      Benja
    • Dean Thomas
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 26, 2005
        *http://tinyurl.com/9hjvl
        *That's a bit easier.
        Don't know a bout the claimed performance but it sure does look pretty.

        Dean.

        emailbenja wrote:

        >That guy from Geelong is at it again- 5 stills for sale ending in the
        >next hour!
        >Some of the specs are questionable too-
        >
        >http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Your-new-hobby-making-alcohol-from-a-Moonshine-
        >Still_W0QQitemZ4784128409QQcategoryZ113696QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
        >
        >My HB shop has one in , the column is 2" diameter and about 2'long.
        >Cant see how he gets 95% pure at 2.5L/hr from this setup with a 2200W
        >element.
        >very suspect...
        >
        >Benja

        >Yahoo! Groups Links

      • lucky666
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 26, 2005
          Agree - the head looks the same as mine - esentially a mini-still - you can get 95%, but I've never got more than about 600ml/hr & that's over a gas burner

          Phil

          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 26, 2005
            --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "emailbenja" <emailbenja@y...>
            wrote:

            > That guy from Geelong is at it again- 5 stills for sale ending in
            the
            > next hour!
            > Some of the specs are questionable too-
            >
            > http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Your-new-hobby-making-alcohol-from-a-
            Moonshine-
            > Still_W0QQitemZ4784128409QQcategoryZ113696QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
            >
            > My HB shop has one in , the column is 2" diameter and about
            2'long.
            > Cant see how he gets 95% pure at 2.5L/hr from this setup with a
            2200W
            > element.
            > very suspect...
            >
            > Benja

            Greg Denehy is a member of this group since Dec 12, 2003. Ask him
            to elucidate.
            greg@...

          • stevolate
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 26, 2005
              Hi Harry
              You made me look up a new word again so I was sure what you meant.
              You always have those big and interesting words; don't know how you
              find so many.
              Have a great day.
              Stevo

              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 26, 2005
                --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "stevolate" <stevolate@y...>
                wrote:

                > Hi Harry
                > You made me look up a new word again so I was sure what
                you meant.
                > You always have those big and interesting words; don't know how you
                > find so many.
                > Have a great day.
                > Stevo

                When I was in school 40 years ago, the English language spelling,
                grammar, punctuation, neat handwriting etc., were taught at the end
                of the cane. One tends not to forget lessons of that ilk. I'd
                suggest a smidgeon of that philosophy would not go astray nowadays,
                if my kids' offerings are anything to go by. ;)