Re: [Distillers] FW: Distilling & potassium carbonate

  • G&N
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 25, 2001
      Tony what is everclear? ..and what does that all mean in plain English?

      Glenn
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 25, 2001
        << Tony what is everclear? >>

        Everclear is a very high proof neutral spirit sold in the USA. Most
        Everclear is sold at 150 proof, but since that is illegal in most states,
        they also sell a 110 proof version of it as well.

        Your Brother in Magick,
        Rev. David M. Cunningham
        email@...

        NOTICE: The information contained in this electronic mail transmission is
        intended by Rev. Cunningham for the use of the named individual or entity to
        which it is directed and may contain information that is privileged or
        otherwise confidential. If you have received this electronic mail
        transmission in error, please delete it from your system without copying or
        forwarding it, and notify the sender of the error by reply email or by
        telephone (collect), so that the sender's address records can be corrected.
      • Tony & Elle Ackland
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 26, 2001
          Glenn,

          > ..and what does that all mean in plain English?

          Its an interesting possible alternative to using carbon. If you can add a
          little pottasium carbonate, it sounds like it will absorb the fuesel oils
          (eg take away their flavour). I'd like to understand which ones it will
          take out (eg what chemical reactions are occuring ?)

          The other thing Fred mentions it doing is absorbing the water, eg taking a
          96% alcohol even higher (sometimes required if making fuel by mixing your
          alcohol with gasoline). This is an alternative method to using zeolites.

          Tony

          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 26, 2001
            I believe that there's also a 190 Proof available. I know Wisconsin has it
            but what other States??

[...]

            Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            ---