Re: Charcoal filtering

  • rocky_creek1
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 3, 2005
      What kind of charcoal did you use?

      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "George & Linda"
      <georgetinatlanta@a...> wrote:
      > If too much charcoal is used, and spirits look very dark is it safe to
      > drink??
    • Andrew Bugal
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 3, 2005
        As I mentioned to another query along this line - go to partyman.se and download their free book regarding using charcoal. It makes a lot of sense and will probably save you that problem.

        Sounds like you have not cleaned your charcoal before use and the fine charcoal is still in some of the smaller pores which get displaced by the spirit moving through the charcoal.

        Andy