Re: [Distillers] Charcoal filtering

  • Andrew Bugal
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 2, 2005
      Go to Partyman.se and get his free book on conditioning your charcoal before use. If you do not pre-clean your charcoal, dust will be left in the pores and will be displaced by the spirits being distilled.

      Regards,

      Andy

      George & Linda <georgetinatlanta@...> wrote:
      If too much charcoal is used, and spirits look very dark is it safe to
      drink??

    • rocky_creek1
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 3, 2005
        What kind of charcoal did you use?

        --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "George & Linda"
        <georgetinatlanta@a...> wrote:
        > If too much charcoal is used, and spirits look very dark is it safe to
        > drink??
      • Andrew Bugal
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 3, 2005
          As I mentioned to another query along this line - go to partyman.se and download their free book regarding using charcoal. It makes a lot of sense and will probably save you that problem.

          Sounds like you have not cleaned your charcoal before use and the fine charcoal is still in some of the smaller pores which get displaced by the spirit moving through the charcoal.

          Andy