Re: [Distillers] Charcoal filtering

  • _{*L*}_
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 1, 2005
      Most likely that dark color is suspended micro particles of the carbon. Even worth is this is something else. Please filter it GOOD. If dark color persists -- re-distil diluting to 50/50.
      In any case I would not drink that.

      George & Linda <georgetinatlanta@...> wrote:
      If too much charcoal is used, and spirits look very dark is it safe to drink??

      _{*L*}_
      http://briefcase.yahoo.com/bokakob

    • donald holcombe
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 1, 2005
        Drink it the charcoal wont hurt you.It might be a little bitter.Let it settle or filter it if you dont like the color or taste.

        _{*L*}_ <bokakob@...> wrote:Most likely that dark color is suspended micro particles of the carbon. Even worth is this is something else. Please filter it GOOD. If dark color persists -- re-distil diluting to 50/50.
        In any case I would not drink that.

        George & Linda <georgetinatlanta@...> wrote:
        If too much charcoal is used, and spirits look very dark is it safe to drink??

        _{*L*}_
        http://briefcase.yahoo.com/bokakob

        Management team building Corporate culture Corporate culture change Business culture of china Corporate culture training Management team

        ---------------------------------

      • Andrew Bugal
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 2, 2005
          Go to Partyman.se and get his free book on conditioning your charcoal before use. If you do not pre-clean your charcoal, dust will be left in the pores and will be displaced by the spirits being distilled.

          Regards,

          Andy

          George & Linda <georgetinatlanta@...> wrote:
          If too much charcoal is used, and spirits look very dark is it safe to
          drink??

        • rocky_creek1
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 3, 2005
            What kind of charcoal did you use?

            --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "George & Linda"
            <georgetinatlanta@a...> wrote:
            > If too much charcoal is used, and spirits look very dark is it safe to
            > drink??
          • Andrew Bugal
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 3, 2005
              As I mentioned to another query along this line - go to partyman.se and download their free book regarding using charcoal. It makes a lot of sense and will probably save you that problem.

              Sounds like you have not cleaned your charcoal before use and the fine charcoal is still in some of the smaller pores which get displaced by the spirit moving through the charcoal.

              Andy