Egypt Today - The Art of Distillation

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 28, 2005
      Seems we're not the only ones making knockoff booze...

      http://www.egypttoday.com/article.aspx?ArticleID=1636

      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2005
        I bought some Egyptian sugarcane molasses in a Lebanese grocery store.
        It appears to be molasses from the first crystallisation and is not
        bitter like blackstrap molasses - more like treacle/golden syrup. Not
        cheap, as it is mainly used in the middle east kitchen along with
        pomegranate syrup and grape syrup.
        wal