Charcoal filtration

  • dwind99
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 7, 2005
      Hello all, Great group

      I want to filter commercial low grade vodka. I have read bad things
      about ethanol and PVC. How true is this?

      I built a filter of 2" copper pipe, but the vodka came out blue! One
      post I read says that this may be due to ammonia "my water company
      does use ammonia in our water".

      Looking for an easy way to filter 3 to 4 liters at a time.

      Thanks
      dwind99
    • Dean Thomas
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 7, 2005
        Why not buy a few extra bottles to get in front prepare some carbon and
        place in the bottles and leave until required the longer the better.
        When ready to drink carefully pour through a funnel with one or two
        cotton buds stuffed in it to remove any carbon that makes it out of the
        bottle.
        Look in the archives there is heaps on carbon filtering and carbon
        preperation.
        Also Gert Strands Ebook on activated carbon is an excellent source of
        information.

        Dean.