Re: [Distillers] Re: Port Barrell

  • greg tufts
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 3, 2005
      And if you aren't going to drink the port,
      I would try distilling it.
      cheers
      greg
      --- Harry <gnikomson2000@...> wrote:

      ---------------------------------
      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "duds2u"
      <taylormc@b...> wrote:
      > I'm a new member and Deans post about his new
      acquisition prompted
      me
      > to remember I have a 6 litre port barrel that I have
      had for 20
      years.
      > It's still in good condition as it has been full all
      of the time.
      > don't drink much port now and was wondering what I
      would have to
      do to
      > it to make it suitable for aging whiskey.

      Do absolutely nothing. Age your whisky in traditional
      2nd or 3rd
      fill oak then "finish" in your port pipe.
      Glenmorangie pioneered
      this method 10 or 12 years ago using different woods
      and different
      fills. The port finish is the most popular.
      Congrats, you've got
      something special there to experiment with.
      http://www.glenmorangieplc.com/portfolio/glen_wood1.asp

      Distillers list archives :
      http://archive.nnytech.net/

      Terms of Service.