Re: [Distillers] Ethanol Still

  • Alex _{*L*}_ (a.k.a. BOKAKOB)
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 1, 2005
      3 Gal /day equals approximately 3*4L= 12L /day
      Average 2" still produces approximately at the rate of 0.6L/hour (pretty good quality). 12/0.6=20 hours. Considering warmup time and taking off heads, it looks like you can ran a regular 2" column 24hr and get your rate. Using two or more columns in parallel would speed things up a little.
      Other things I don't know :-)

      MeadGuild@... wrote:
      Are there commercial stills that will produce at least three gallons of ethanol a day?
      What ABV is needed to substitute ethanol for gasoline in a car? How many lbs of feedstock corn to the gallon of ethanol?

      Dick

      ---------------------------------

      Alex_{*L*}_(a.k.a. BOKAKOB)
      http://briefcase.yahoo.com/bokakob

    • Richard Lawler
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 1, 2005
        You are not on a fuel alcohol group. You may want to check out this group
        instead:

        http://lists.topica.com/lists/robertwarren/read

        And you may want to consider the Charles 803 alcohol fuel still which is
        rated at 5 gal an hour from a 3" column. More info can be found at:

        http://www.alcohol4fuel.com/

        Hope this helps.

        --
        Richard Lawler
        Ashland, OR

      • don1lia2joe3
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 2, 2005
          Yes and no, you can check out this on on ebay:
          http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
          ViewItem&item=7535775877&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

          However I would like to point out that you are on the wrong group for
          fuel alcohol and larger stills are not discussed or supported here.

          Sorry try the topica group:
          http://lists.topica.com/lists/robertwarren/read

          Good luck.

          --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, MeadGuild@a... wrote:
          > Are there commercial stills that will produce at least three
          gallons of
          > ethanol a day?
          >
          > What ABV is needed to substitute ethanol for gasoline in a car?
          >
          > How many lbs of feedstock corn to the gallon of ethanol?
          >
          > Dick

        • don1lia2joe3
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 2, 2005
            Sorry, if the link does not work cut and paste into your brouser,
            it takes two lines on this form and so it doesn't work for everyone.

            --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "don1lia2joe3"
            <donaldfranson@h...> wrote:
            > Yes and no, you can check out this on on ebay:
            > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
            > ViewItem&item=7535775877&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1
            >
            > However I would like to point out that you are on the wrong group
            for
            > fuel alcohol and larger stills are not discussed or supported here.
            >
            > Sorry try the topica group:
            > http://lists.topica.com/lists/robertwarren/read
            >

            > Good luck.
            >
            > --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, MeadGuild@a... wrote:
            > > Are there commercial stills that will produce at least three
            > gallons of
            > > ethanol a day?
            > >
            > > What ABV is needed to substitute ethanol for gasoline in a car?
            > >
            > > How many lbs of feedstock corn to the gallon of ethanol?
            > >
            > > Dick

          • Dean Thomas
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 3, 2005
              Or try http://tinyurl.com/alfrp