Ethanol Still

  • MeadGuild@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 1, 2005
      Are there commercial stills that will produce at least three gallons of
      ethanol a day?

      What ABV is needed to substitute ethanol for gasoline in a car?

      How many lbs of feedstock corn to the gallon of ethanol?

      Dick

    • Alex _{*L*}_ (a.k.a. BOKAKOB)
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 1, 2005
        3 Gal /day equals approximately 3*4L= 12L /day
        Average 2" still produces approximately at the rate of 0.6L/hour (pretty good quality). 12/0.6=20 hours. Considering warmup time and taking off heads, it looks like you can ran a regular 2" column 24hr and get your rate. Using two or more columns in parallel would speed things up a little.
        Other things I don't know :-)

        MeadGuild@... wrote:
        Are there commercial stills that will produce at least three gallons of ethanol a day?
        What ABV is needed to substitute ethanol for gasoline in a car? How many lbs of feedstock corn to the gallon of ethanol?

        Dick

        ---------------------------------

        Alex_{*L*}_(a.k.a. BOKAKOB)
        http://briefcase.yahoo.com/bokakob

      • Richard Lawler
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 1, 2005
          You are not on a fuel alcohol group. You may want to check out this group
          instead:

          http://lists.topica.com/lists/robertwarren/read

          And you may want to consider the Charles 803 alcohol fuel still which is
          rated at 5 gal an hour from a 3" column. More info can be found at:

          http://www.alcohol4fuel.com/

          Hope this helps.

          --
          Richard Lawler
          Ashland, OR

        • don1lia2joe3
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 2, 2005
            Yes and no, you can check out this on on ebay:
            http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
            ViewItem&item=7535775877&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

            However I would like to point out that you are on the wrong group for
            fuel alcohol and larger stills are not discussed or supported here.

            Sorry try the topica group:
            http://lists.topica.com/lists/robertwarren/read

            Good luck.

            --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, MeadGuild@a... wrote:
            > Are there commercial stills that will produce at least three
            gallons of
            > ethanol a day?
            >
            > What ABV is needed to substitute ethanol for gasoline in a car?
            >
            > How many lbs of feedstock corn to the gallon of ethanol?
            >
            > Dick

          • don1lia2joe3
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 2, 2005
              Sorry, if the link does not work cut and paste into your brouser,
              it takes two lines on this form and so it doesn't work for everyone.

              --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "don1lia2joe3"
              <donaldfranson@h...> wrote:
              > Yes and no, you can check out this on on ebay:
              > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
              > ViewItem&item=7535775877&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1
              >
              > However I would like to point out that you are on the wrong group
              for
              > fuel alcohol and larger stills are not discussed or supported here.
              >
              > Sorry try the topica group:
              > http://lists.topica.com/lists/robertwarren/read
              >

              > Good luck.
              >
              > --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, MeadGuild@a... wrote:
              > > Are there commercial stills that will produce at least three
              > gallons of
              > > ethanol a day?
              > >
              > > What ABV is needed to substitute ethanol for gasoline in a car?
              > >
              > > How many lbs of feedstock corn to the gallon of ethanol?
              > >
              > > Dick

            • Dean Thomas
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 3, 2005
                Or try http://tinyurl.com/alfrp