Re: [Distillers] Re: Pump Recommendations

  • Dean Thomas
    Message 1 of 19 , Aug 1, 2005
      Or duck down to your local Jaycar electronics store and you can pick up
      a 12 volt camping shower $19.95.
      http://tinyurl.com/7nv7u
      while your there pick up a cigarette lighter socket $10.00. (Not realy
      needed but it makes things easier)
      http://tinyurl.com/bl6gc
      then go to the local irrigation store or section at your local hardware
      and buy an adapter that fits the thread of the fitting that the shower
      head screws into converting it into a 1/2 inch Bayonet? and a couple of
      meters of clear 1/2" hose some clamps etc.
      http://tinyurl.com/am9be*
      *I even used taps similar to those shown on the last link and although
      they are fiddly I manage, and once set I use my sutronics controller to
      reduce and increase flow.

      Now all you need is a car battery charger that can handle up to 5 amps
      to power the pump and your in business.

      dearknarl wrote:

      >http://www.aquariumproducts.com.au
      >
      >There's a pump there for AU$45 that runs my ~4mx6mm single coil
      >condensor to dissipate around 1380W of heat. I recirculate through an
      >old car radiator with a couple of small fans blowing on it. I only use
      >a laundry tub full of water for a run, and it heats my flat =)
      >
      >Cheers,
      >knarl.

    • brewstar71
      Message 2 of 19 , Aug 12, 2005
        I went down to Jaycar and purchased one of these today, the pump
        flows 750ml per min through my 5m of 1/4" pipe with a head of 1.8m
        using a 6 amp battery charger. If it stands the test of time, I
        think it will be really good value for money.
        Thanks for the tip.
        Matt

        --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, Dean Thomas <deanlil@p...> wrote:
        > Or duck down to your local Jaycar electronics store and you can
        pick up
        > a 12 volt camping shower $19.95.
        > http://tinyurl.com/7nv7u
        > while your there pick up a cigarette lighter socket $10.00. (Not
        realy
        > needed but it makes things easier)
        > http://tinyurl.com/bl6gc
        > then go to the local irrigation store or section at your local
        hardware
        > and buy an adapter that fits the thread of the fitting that the
        shower
        > head screws into converting it into a 1/2 inch Bayonet? and a
        couple of
        > meters of clear 1/2" hose some clamps etc.
        > http://tinyurl.com/am9be*
        > *I even used taps similar to those shown on the last link and
        although
        > they are fiddly I manage, and once set I use my sutronics
        controller to
        > reduce and increase flow.
        >
        > Now all you need is a car battery charger that can handle up to 5
        amps
        > to power the pump and your in business.
        >
        > dearknarl wrote:
        >
        > >http://www.aquariumproducts.com.au
        > >
        > >There's a pump there for AU$45 that runs my ~4mx6mm single coil
        > >condensor to dissipate around 1380W of heat. I recirculate
        through an
        > >old car radiator with a couple of small fans blowing on it. I
        only use
        > >a laundry tub full of water for a run, and it heats my flat =)
        > >
        > >Cheers,
        > >knarl.

      • Dean Thomas
        Message 3 of 19 , Aug 14, 2005
          Mine has lasted for five 12 hour runs so far and hasn't missed a beat,
          but because they are so cheap I was thinking of picking up another one
          to keep as a spare.

          Dean