Re: [Distillers] Rhubarb Liqueur

  • 48:derekhamlet@shaw.ca
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 31, 2005
      Ed,<br>
      When you get your first batch through the still, you will be needing an objective and neutral taste tester.  As your friendly local person, I hereby volunteer.<br>
      At 03:55 AM 24/04/2004, you wrote:<br>
      I'm starting to get organized after retiring and moving to Vancouver Island. Production is finally outpacing demand ;-) My question is, has anyone ever made a rhubarb Liqueur? After eating a deliciously fresh strawberry & rhubarb pie, the light bulb came on and the next day I chopped up the later and macerated it in 50% ABV. (50% strawberry's & 50% rhubarb) I also did an all rhubarb batch. I'm thinking that the sugar will neutralize the tartness of the rhubarb. I've looked in the recipe files, but didn't spot anything.  <br>
      Down-the-Hatch<br>
      Tip<br><br>
      <x-tab>        </x-tab><x-tab>        </x-tab><br>
      Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark<br>
      Printer at MyInks.com.  Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.<br>
      <x-sigsep><p></x-sigsep>
      Victoria, B.C.<br>