weed killer

  • KEZ
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 6, 2001
      Gday

      I have noticed that where ever I put the spent wash in the back yard it kills all vegetation in that area. Can anyone tell me why this happens

      TTFN, Kez
      *************************************
    • Pete Sayers
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 6, 2001
        Do you tip it out whilst it is still hot?

        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 6, 2001
          No, when it is cold I tip it out so its not the temp. I was thinking more that it may be the acid.

          Kez

          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 6, 2001
            I'm not sure what all are the nutrients that are added, but i would have thought that any thing in there would have had a beneifical effect, as there are trace elements etc.
            Pete

            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 7, 2001
              Gday Ian

              Didn't your mum tell you that its not good manners to ask a lady where she peed last.

              Kez
              Kez, the cold wort did not kill your lawn, it can't and won't. Ya didn't happen to have a leak in the same spot the night before did ya?????
              Pilch.
              No, when it is cold I tip it out so its not the temp. I was thinking more that it may be the acid.

              Kez
              Do you tip it out whilst it is still hot?
              I have noticed that where ever I put the spent wash in the back yard it kills all vegetation in that area. Can anyone tell me why this happens

              TTFN, Kez

            • DAVID HALL
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 9, 2001
                Have noticed the grass going slightly yellow before. So I pour it out around an orange tree, but I make sure the area gets well watered. Result no dead grass, but the oranges are tremendous. My guess, whatever is in the wash, acts as a fertiliser, but may be a bit strong on the grass straight.
                David Hall