Re: SSR heating control

  • emailbenja
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 20 9:54 PM
      The SSR comes with a 500KOhm variable resistor (pot). The control bit
      is integrated with the SSR, so all you do is dial up the desired
      output on the variable resistor. The kit comes with it and a neat
      little faceplate with a 0-100 scale.

      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, Mac McCaskie <mccaskie@k...> wrote:
      > Benja,
      >
      > This looks like something I may eventually want to build for myself
      and
      > looks great. I have a question though, what do you use to control
      the
      > SSR, ie. what thermostat? I haven't looked yet so maybe just point
      me
      > at some options.
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Mac
      >
      > Boggin Bob wrote:
      > > Thanks benja seems ok. I gather yours is a little different
      though. Did I read your info right, as you unit sounds more like
      what i require. I'm running 2 elements a 1380 w and an 1800 w. I
      have been disconnecting the 1800 w, when I get up to temp. I would
      much prefer to do simular to what you have done and have some sort of
      switching built in. Is it possible to get a drawing of the circuits
      that you use I'm no sparky but I do have a friend who is and may be
      able to build one for me. I can't see any photo's of yours as the
      folder you suggest is empty.

      > > emailbenja <emailbenja@y...> wrote:Sorry i moved the file. Its
      now in the Benja's stuff folder with an
      > > article on oak. The oak info comes from Cooperage for winemakers.
      > >

      > > --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "emailbenja" <emailbenja@y...>
      wrote:

      > >>I have uploaded a file to the files section called Helios
      SSR.doc.