Fermenting

  • gerry g
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 3, 2001
      Hi! I am having a problem fermenting Glucose in the
      syrup form. I added 12.5% more than the sugar recipe
      on Tony's site, but I did not heat it as I would
      sugar. Could this be the problem? I added yeast
      nutrients and adjusted ph to 4.2, Temp is 25c and
      added 2 pks of EC1118. Nothing is happening! Any
      Ideas? Thanks! Gerry

      http://im.yahoo.com
    • Rodger
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 9, 2001
        My wash has dropped to a reading of o.95 and is still bubbling very
        slowly, is there any point in waiting a few more days as it has 18%
        alcohol now.
      • Tony & Elle Ackland
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 10, 2001
          Rodger,

          > My wash has dropped to a reading of o.95 and is still bubbling very
          > slowly, is there any point in waiting a few more days as it has 18%
          > alcohol now.

          I wouldn't wait. There will still be a little sugar left, and the wash
          probably hasn't settled crystal clear, but I get too impatient to wait
          until then. See how it goes. Later on, with future runs, you might want
          to experiment and see if the extra wait is worth it, and judge for
          yourself. Everyone has different standards.

          Tony