amylalcohol

  • Ben wondergem
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 3, 2001

      Hallo,

      .My name is Ben.

      I wonder if somebody can give me some more info about kaliumpermanganaat (KmnO4).   I I I did use it after the first distelation to get the amylalcohol( Pentyl Alcohol) out.  I think that it makes the alcohol softer but how does it work.

       I now that the amyl alc. Is changed into valeric acid (CH3(CH2)3COOH  and brown coal (MnO2).

      Does it also affect the ethyl-  and methyl-alcohol?

      Does anyone use this or now how it works?

      greetings from Holland