Re: caramel booze

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 6, 2005
      Toast (burnt bread) was sometimes added for flavouring. Most people
      who burn their grain wash on electic elements are not pleased with the
      resulting flavour!
      Normally caramel (burnt sugar) is added to brandy, rum and sometimes
      whisky after, as it also gives colour. Your molasses contains
      naturally caramelised sugars from the refining process anyway.
      wal