Re: Bicarbonate and esters? proper terminology

    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 1, 2005
      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, Robert Thomas <whosbrewing@y...>
      wrote:
      <snip>

      > Alc-Acid + sod- carb + H2O = alcOH + sod-Acid +CO2
      > It doesn't balance, but you get the idea. There is
      > definately an acid salt.
      <snip>

      Hi Rob,
      Speaking of proper terminology, I thought I'd send you this off-
      list. Your use of 'definately' vs 'definitely'.

      1. Definite: (precise; explicit and clearly defined) "I want a
      definite answer"; "a definite statement of the terms of the
      will"; "a definite amount"; "definite restrictions on the sale of
      alcohol"; "the wedding date is now definite"; "a definite drop in
      attendance"

      2. Definite: (known for certain) "it is definite that they have won"

      DEFINATE (Def·i·nate) (def¢[ibreve]-n[amacr]t): trademark for a
      preparation of docusate sodium.

      Docusate Sodium [USP]: an anionic surfactant used as a stool
      softener, administered orally or rectally.

      *Not being pedantic, just thought you'd get a giggle outta that
      one. :-)

      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 1, 2005
        OOPS!!! I guess off-list has a different meaning to Yahoo servers.
        Sorry for any embarassment.

      • Robert Thomas
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 1, 2005
          Harry,
          I'd like to talk butt I'm in a hurry.
          I'm definately right now.
          !!!
          Rob.

          --- Harry <gnikomson2000@...> wrote:

          > OOPS!!! I guess off-list has a different meaning to
          > Yahoo servers.
          > Sorry for any embarassment.
          >

          > Slainte!
          > regards Harry

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • Lindsay Williams
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 1, 2005
            Is that why drinking too much can give you the runs??

            I will definitely try to keep this stuff outa my product.

            Cheers,
            Lindsay.