lme

  • gusnica2001
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 1, 2005
      I'm a homebrewer wannabe and am interested in mostly Scotch whiskey
      and rum. I read a post about someone using LME. What is LME, what do
      the letters stand for, and how is it used in making whiskey?
      Thanks,
      GEC
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 1, 2005
        --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "gusnica2001" <gusnica2001@y...>
        wrote:
        > I'm a homebrewer wannabe and am interested in mostly Scotch whiskey
        > and rum. I read a post about someone using LME. What is LME, what
        do
        > the letters stand for, and how is it used in making whiskey?
        > Thanks,
        > GEC

        (L)iquid (M)alt (E)xtract. Available most homebrew stores and also
        bakery suppliers. Use at the rate of 25 - 33% of total sugar content
        of your wort.

      • Brian Bashford
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 1, 2005
          Liquid Malt Extract, used for making beer, and a wash for whiskey (as long
          as no hops are introduced). Available from all homebrew shops.

          Brian.

          _____

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 1, 2005
            I'm LME and i'm not used for much of anything anymore.
            Lmemarine

          • Lindsay Williams
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 1, 2005
              That's pretty sad, LME. You can make grog can't you? That's something!

              Cheers,
              Lindsay.

              --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, Lmemarime <lmemarine@y...> wrote:
              > I'm LME and i'm not used for much of anything anymore.
              > Lmemarine

            • Lmemarime
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 2, 2005
                I can make it and best of all I CAN DRINK IT. Also, I can still use things. I'm not quite that dead yet.
                All the best to you.
                Lmemarine