Re: [Distillers] Re: Basarana

  • Robert Thomas
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 1, 2005
      Hang on. Why is the poisonous stuff on the market? Is
      it cheaper to grow? Does it actually have a use?
      So many questions, so little (shot) glass.
      Rob.

      Yahoo! Sports
      http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 7, 2005
        Their is a recipe for Pacharan/Patxaran (Basarana in Basque) in msg
        3933 which came from a Spanish source. Note that the quantity for the
        camomile flowers is 6 (1tsp) and the peel is from 1 orange.
        The base spirit is "anis seco" and the quickest way to make it is to
        add aniseed essential oil to a neutral alcohol. In "Distillation and
        Rectification of Alcohol" by William T Brannt (1885) there is a recipe
        for an Anise Liqueur using aniseed essential oil which scaled down is
        1.5 grams aniseed essential oil (approx 1/2 tsp)/litre of neutral
        40%abv. For a sweet anise liqueur, add 1 cup of sugar/litre.

        wal

        --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Tony Ackland" <Tony.Ackland@c...>