Re: Visciolato (Cherry-flavoured wine)

    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 29, 2005
      Here is an old traditional method from an Italian site -

      Vino di Visciole
      http://www.bebleserre.it/vini.htm)

      In July place 1 kg of the sour cherries in a large glass jar. Add
      600-700 g of sugar and place in a warm place to ferment for about 1
      month. Allow to age until the time of the grape vintage.
      During vintage add 1 kg of the fermented sour cherries to 1 litre of a
      red wine for the secondary fermentation. Allow to ferment together
      until February, then remove the sour cherries.

      wal
      NB: Note 2) in the French recipe below has been changed (1/2 of the
      syrup used only)