Stripping run

  • Lindsay Williams
    Message 1 of 55 , Jun 28, 2005
      Well, I have been convinced to do two stripping runs and one slow run
      from here on in. Took me a while to see the wisdom of many here who
      have done this for ages! I thought that run time would be longer but
      that isn't so. For anyone not doing this, and considering it, here is
      my experience.

      Basically, I was concerned with that ol' heads smell/taste carrying
      too far into my run. Filtering is not very effective at removing it
      all, either. So I ran a stripping run then combined its output with
      the previous run that I wasn't happy with. To cut a long story short,
      two stripping runs plus a slow run would take approx 17-18 hours
      whereas two slow runs would take 20 hours. I also found a much sharper
      cut from heads to hearts. The heads was contained in the first 400 mls.

      I still filtered it with a Z filter and I am much more pleased with
      the product. There is only one filter setup, too.

      Thanks to all for advice on my question on using an aquarium filter as
      well.

      Cheers, and go the All Blacks!
      Lindsay.
    • dearknarl
      Message 55 of 55 , Jul 6, 2005
        Good work fellas!

        dropped_pie made a post a while ago that said esters should have more
        attention on this group. I think we made up some ground! ;-)

        Cheers,
        knarl.