dino me old mocca

  • BJ & FM Poke
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 12, 2000
      we actually water flood to neutralise caustic, i should have said we leave it in as it gives the whisky some balls==we retrieve our spent caustic most of the time as 10,000 litres 5x times a week at a 3% solution would be a bit much to tip down the sink,it's a bit like oil it doesn't immediatly lose it's grunt ,only gets dirty,we've also got density metres on all the return lines though and the computor decides what happens==yes the relevant statuatory authorities monitor our whole activities not just b.o.d./c.o.d.and i totally agree and encourage them as if we don't all pull our socks up mother nature is going to give us such a belt in the mouth we won't believe our luck==those personal details you wanted are in the brewery==any details you [or any one else]have on doublers let me know,no rush, are you aware of tony's ,aaron's and steve's sites==have you read many books our subject i.e .making gin and vodka etc.etc.etc.????? [joke] why do brewers have bigger balls than distillers??????????????
      many regards to all brian