Re: Yea! 'course I'm in CA

  • don1lia2joe3
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 1, 2005
      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "californiashiner"
      <califshiner@t...> wrote:
      > Who do I contact to get fuel permits - State & Fed.?
      > Great Solution!

      The federal permit comes from the TTB (Dept of Treasury, Alcohol and
      Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau) You can find the forms on the web. just
      do a search for Application for an alcohol fuel producer permit. It
      is form # TTBF 5110.74

      I am not sure where to ask in Calif. but in Okla. the Fuel Alcohol
      Registration comes from the Agriculture Dept.

      Have fun
    • popwahtosh
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 1, 2005
        <califshiner@t...> wrote:
        > Who do I contact to get fuel permits - State & Fed.?
        > Great Solution!

        ========================

        If applying for a US fed. alco. fuel permit, go to....

        TTB regulations at

        http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov

        In the browse box, select "title 27"
        Where it says "browse parts" click on the numbers
        "1-199"
        Scroll down to "19" (Distilled spirits plant)and click on
        where it
        says "numbers 19.1 to 19.1010" You are only interested in
        "subpart
        Y" (Distilled spirits for fuel)

        If you just want to produce fuel for personal use, and to be used on
        your own property, you aren't subject to bonds, taxes, and
        denaturing your product unless it is removed from the premises.

        If this is what you want, then you will need to choose the "small
        plant" ( less than 10,000 proof-gallons per year)A proof-gallon
        is a
        US gallon times proof divided by 100

        For an on line permit application – click on the link below

        http://www.ttb.gov/forms/pdfs/f510074.pdf or copy and paste
        into your browser box.

        There is no charge for the permit and no State permit required in
        California.At least that's what I was told by State employees

        National Revenue Center
        550 Main Street Suite 8002
        Cincinnati, Ohio 45202
        Tax and Trade Bureau Toll Free 1-877-TTB-FAQS (1-877-882-3277)
        (513)-684-3334

        Good luck,

        Pop