Re: Yea! 'course I'm in CA

    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 1, 2005
      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Peggy" <rpk@g...> wrote:
      > Contact the Feds for a permit. Contact your state/ local people
      for
      > unique registrations that apply solely to your area. Thank you
      ANYONE
      > that has information about state/ local requirements from your
      > area--including fire codes, or other applicable rules. I'm
      keeping a
      > reference list and would appreciate knowing more. You can find
      > information about state benefits such as tax rebates on the
      Internet...
      > but that is not what is implied.
      >
      > Thanks for letting us all know if there are further applications or
      > rules. To return our country's strength, we need to return the
      power to
      > the people... and this includes energy and food production
      practices.
      > Hopefully the hubs (cities) will begin to take on producing more
      of our
      > consumer goods so our products are not all made in China. What
      basic
      > skills are we teaching our children? Can they cook or work with
      hobbies
      > that produce a serviceable item or is it only how to operate a
      Game Boy
      > and remote control. Well, maybe we can pass on the ability to
      make our
      > own fuel and build with materials that are not energy consumptive.
      >
      > Best wishes,
      > Peggy

      Wanna borrow my soapbox, Peg? :-)
      Seriously, I hear what you're saying. I still say pushbikes are
      gonna become very popular in a decade or so (you figure it out). ;-)

    • don1lia2joe3
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 1, 2005
        --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "californiashiner"
        <califshiner@t...> wrote:
        > Who do I contact to get fuel permits - State & Fed.?
        > Great Solution!

        The federal permit comes from the TTB (Dept of Treasury, Alcohol and
        Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau) You can find the forms on the web. just
        do a search for Application for an alcohol fuel producer permit. It
        is form # TTBF 5110.74

        I am not sure where to ask in Calif. but in Okla. the Fuel Alcohol
        Registration comes from the Agriculture Dept.

        Have fun
      • popwahtosh
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 1, 2005
          <califshiner@t...> wrote:
          > Who do I contact to get fuel permits - State & Fed.?
          > Great Solution!

          ========================

          If applying for a US fed. alco. fuel permit, go to....

          TTB regulations at

          http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov

          In the browse box, select "title 27"
          Where it says "browse parts" click on the numbers
          "1-199"
          Scroll down to "19" (Distilled spirits plant)and click on
          where it
          says "numbers 19.1 to 19.1010" You are only interested in
          "subpart
          Y" (Distilled spirits for fuel)

          If you just want to produce fuel for personal use, and to be used on
          your own property, you aren't subject to bonds, taxes, and
          denaturing your product unless it is removed from the premises.

          If this is what you want, then you will need to choose the "small
          plant" ( less than 10,000 proof-gallons per year)A proof-gallon
          is a
          US gallon times proof divided by 100

          For an on line permit application – click on the link below

          http://www.ttb.gov/forms/pdfs/f510074.pdf or copy and paste
          into your browser box.

          There is no charge for the permit and no State permit required in
          California.At least that's what I was told by State employees

          National Revenue Center
          550 Main Street Suite 8002
          Cincinnati, Ohio 45202
          Tax and Trade Bureau Toll Free 1-877-TTB-FAQS (1-877-882-3277)
          (513)-684-3334

          Good luck,

          Pop