Yea! 'course I'm in CA

  • californiashiner
    Message 1 of 5 , May 31 9:26 PM
      Who do I contact to get fuel permits - State & Fed.?
      Great Solution!
    • Peggy
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 1, 2005
        Contact the Feds for a permit. Contact your state/ local people for
        unique registrations that apply solely to your area. Thank you ANYONE
        that has information about state/ local requirements from your
        area--including fire codes, or other applicable rules. I'm keeping a
        reference list and would appreciate knowing more. You can find
        information about state benefits such as tax rebates on the Internet...
        but that is not what is implied.

        Thanks for letting us all know if there are further applications or
        rules. To return our country's strength, we need to return the power to
        the people... and this includes energy and food production practices.
        Hopefully the hubs (cities) will begin to take on producing more of our
        consumer goods so our products are not all made in China. What basic
        skills are we teaching our children? Can they cook or work with hobbies
        that produce a serviceable item or is it only how to operate a Game Boy
        and remote control. Well, maybe we can pass on the ability to make our
        own fuel and build with materials that are not energy consumptive.

        Best wishes,
        Peggy

        Peggy G Korth
        BioFuels Energy Corporation
        (830) 885-7409 Voice
        (830) 885-7416 Fax
        (210) 288-0999 Cell
        rpk@... Email
        www.biofuelsenergycorp.com

        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 1, 2005
          --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Peggy" <rpk@g...> wrote:
          > Contact the Feds for a permit. Contact your state/ local people
          for
          > unique registrations that apply solely to your area. Thank you
          ANYONE
          > that has information about state/ local requirements from your
          > area--including fire codes, or other applicable rules. I'm
          keeping a
          > reference list and would appreciate knowing more. You can find
          > information about state benefits such as tax rebates on the
          Internet...
          > but that is not what is implied.
          >
          > Thanks for letting us all know if there are further applications or
          > rules. To return our country's strength, we need to return the
          power to
          > the people... and this includes energy and food production
          practices.
          > Hopefully the hubs (cities) will begin to take on producing more
          of our
          > consumer goods so our products are not all made in China. What
          basic
          > skills are we teaching our children? Can they cook or work with
          hobbies
          > that produce a serviceable item or is it only how to operate a
          Game Boy
          > and remote control. Well, maybe we can pass on the ability to
          make our
          > own fuel and build with materials that are not energy consumptive.
          >
          > Best wishes,
          > Peggy

          Wanna borrow my soapbox, Peg? :-)
          Seriously, I hear what you're saying. I still say pushbikes are
          gonna become very popular in a decade or so (you figure it out). ;-)

        • don1lia2joe3
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 1, 2005
            --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "californiashiner"
            <califshiner@t...> wrote:
            > Who do I contact to get fuel permits - State & Fed.?
            > Great Solution!

            The federal permit comes from the TTB (Dept of Treasury, Alcohol and
            Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau) You can find the forms on the web. just
            do a search for Application for an alcohol fuel producer permit. It
            is form # TTBF 5110.74

            I am not sure where to ask in Calif. but in Okla. the Fuel Alcohol
            Registration comes from the Agriculture Dept.

            Have fun
          • popwahtosh
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 1, 2005
              <califshiner@t...> wrote:
              > Who do I contact to get fuel permits - State & Fed.?
              > Great Solution!

              ========================

              If applying for a US fed. alco. fuel permit, go to....

              TTB regulations at

              http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov

              In the browse box, select "title 27"
              Where it says "browse parts" click on the numbers
              "1-199"
              Scroll down to "19" (Distilled spirits plant)and click on
              where it
              says "numbers 19.1 to 19.1010" You are only interested in
              "subpart
              Y" (Distilled spirits for fuel)

              If you just want to produce fuel for personal use, and to be used on
              your own property, you aren't subject to bonds, taxes, and
              denaturing your product unless it is removed from the premises.

              If this is what you want, then you will need to choose the "small
              plant" ( less than 10,000 proof-gallons per year)A proof-gallon
              is a
              US gallon times proof divided by 100

              For an on line permit application – click on the link below

              http://www.ttb.gov/forms/pdfs/f510074.pdf or copy and paste
              into your browser box.

              There is no charge for the permit and no State permit required in
              California.At least that's what I was told by State employees

              National Revenue Center
              550 Main Street Suite 8002
              Cincinnati, Ohio 45202
              Tax and Trade Bureau Toll Free 1-877-TTB-FAQS (1-877-882-3277)
              (513)-684-3334

              Good luck,

              Pop