Copper "Pot Scrubber" Material

  • californiashiner
    Message 1 of 4 , May 31, 2005
      Had a pest exterminating company seal my home, Old adobe brick. The
      material they used to plug the holes is the stuff that's needed for the
      reflux column. Should be a lot cheaper than buying "pot scrubbers".
      5" x 100 feet of copper mesh is $40 (USD) plus shipping. Contact
      through www.flybye.com or US 800 820 1980. Ted
    • bradr36
      Message 2 of 4 , May 31, 2005
        http://tinyurl.com/cje38

        --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "californiashiner"
        <califshiner@t...> wrote:
        > Had a pest exterminating company seal my home, Old adobe brick. The
        > material they used to plug the holes is the stuff that's needed for
        the
        > reflux column. Should be a lot cheaper than buying "pot scrubbers".
        > 5" x 100 feet of copper mesh is $40 (USD) plus shipping. Contact
        > through www.flybye.com or US 800 820 1980. Ted
      • Alex _{*L*}_ (a.k.a. BOKAKOB)
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 1, 2005
          This is about five times more expensive as the same material is available on the free market.

          bradr36 <bradr36@...> wrote:http://tinyurl.com/cje38

          <califshiner@t...> wrote:
          > Had a pest exterminating company seal my home, Old adobe brick. The
          > material they used to plug the holes is the stuff that's needed for
          the
          > reflux column. Should be a lot cheaper than buying "pot scrubbers".
          > 5" x 100 feet of copper mesh is $40 (USD) plus shipping. Contact
          > through www.flybye.com or US 800 820 1980. Ted

          Alex_{*L*}_(a.k.a. BOKAKOB)
          http://briefcase.yahoo.com/bokakob

        • rodmacd2000
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 1, 2005
            A package of three S/S pot scrubbers costs about Cdn $2.00 and is just
            the right amount to pack a 1 1/2" column over a length of 30". What in
            God's name is so expensive about this?