Re: [Distillers] Re: Rum making Questions

  • joe giffen
    Message 1 of 8 , May 25 10:17 PM
      Hi King Pin,
      Name does not sound to humble. Before political correctness there was a thing called common sense, perhapes with a little use of it, the way might not have been so hard for you.
      Regards
      Joe

      king pin <kingpin_kingpin2001@...> wrote:
      *sigh* Joe, looks like you didn't take my humble opinion to heart. Thats ok, I had to learn the hard way also. I just wasn't half as obnoxious, rofl.

      joe giffen <joegiffen@...> wrote:and I was wondering about the piece of string Harry.When you read this and some previous guy who was whinging about $173 for to build a still, it kind of gets life in perspective.My advice to these people, would be to drink more of the stuff before trying to make it.
      Regards
      Joe

      rocky_creek1 <rocky_creek@...> wrote:
      Is that all you want to know? How about some reading?

      http://homedistiller.org/alt_menu.htm

      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "johnpedamoe" <johnpedamoe@y...> wrote:
      > I will be using whiskey yeast with ag along with nutrients ( on order
      > )
      > Are there any other yeast worth experimenting with?
      > What should the ph of the water be?
      > What is the temp of water prior to adding mollasses and sugar?
      > Do I use the same amount of gypsum as with making whiskey?
      > What is the temp of water prior to adding mollasses and sugar?
      > % of mollasses Vs sugar mild mid and full flavor?
      > Will the starting O.G. be the same as whiskey 1.065?
      > will the wash be complete within 72 hrs?
      > will a mash out be needed?
      > what kind of oak chips are used?
      > Do you have ingrediants for captin morgans spiced rum ?
      > I have ordered essences but it would be far to expensive to use on a
      > larger scale.
      >
      > any and all help will be greatly appreciated

      Dan