Vale Rana Pippiens Re: Sad News -- one of your members passed

  • brewhausinc
    Message 1 of 3 , May 4, 2005
      I, too, am saddened by this news, and would like to pass along my
      condolences to his family and friends- the latter of which many are
      here. I had the opportunity on several occasions to speak with
      Steve, and invariably we would get off topic and just 'shoot the
      breeze.' He was a wonderful person with much to contribute to those
      around him, and especially to this group. He will be missed, but is
      surely looking down to us now and simply wanting a glass of our
      finest raised for him. I think that we should oblige.

      Rick

      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, Harry <gnikomson2000@y...> wrote:
      > Thank you Jonny for the notification. I am deeply sorry to hear
      this
      > sad news. Steve (Rana Pippiens, the little frog) was a well-liked
      and
      > active member of our groups. He will be sorely missed, and I'm
      sure I
      > speak for all members when I ask you to convey condolences to his
      > family and friends. I can only hope that he's in a more serene
      place
      > right now. By your leave, I shall pass this message to the
      groups. We
      > will raise a glass in his honour. Vale Rana Pippiens.
      >
      > Slainte M'Hath!
      > regards Harry
      > Distillers & new_distillers Moderator
      >

      > --- Jonny Lieberman <jonnylieberman@g...> wrote:
      > > Always sorry to do this over email, but I just wanted to let you
      know
      > > that Steve Sult (who might have gone by Rana Pippens on your
      group)
      > > passed away last week suddenly in his home.
      > >
      > > He talked very highly of this distilling group and I wanted to
      pass
      > > the word along. It seemed as if he had a lot of friends with
      whom he
      > > talked to on a regular basis and I wanted all of you to know.
      > >
      > > He will be greatly missed by many, and especially by the members
      of
      > > his homebrewing club (the Maltose Falcons) who really loved every
      > > minute they got to spend with Steve. He really was a fantastic
      man.

      > > If you have any questions, please let me know. We rescued his
      gear
      > > and
      > > a couple of runs he completed before he died and a core group of
      us
      > > will be trying to carry on the tradition that he had been
      teching us.
      > > Again, I'm sorry.
      > >
      > > Best,
      > >
      > > -Jonny Lieberman-
      > >

      > > --
      > > "Jesse Helms is back, and this time he's black." --Vernon
      Robinson