Head Temperature Questions

  • slipslider2
    Message 1 of 1 , May 3, 2005
      What is the anticipated stabilized head temp. for a valved reflux
      still to begin operations?

      Given supervised temp. control, could a valved reflux still head temp.
      be expected to reflect the specific product that is evaporating
      throughout the distillation process? e.g. 134 F - acetone, 147 F -
      methanol, 172 to 180 F ethanol?

      Why doesn"t my head temp. reflect the actual product that is
      evaporating?

      Why is my head temp. 168.6 F throughout the distillation process? The
      distillate starts to take on a bitter taste while still in this range.
      Should I add additional heat to collect more distillate beyond this
      temp.? If so, to what temp. and why?

      At what point in the distillate retrival process is activated carbon
      filtering most effective? Least effective?"