activated carbon

  • foutzdj
    Message 1 of 11 , May 2, 2005
      Hey everyone, I found a jar of activated carbon for aquariums at a
      friends house. Can I still use this to clean up my finished product?
      How much do I use? for how long? Also, I've read about putting some in
      with your mash before fermentation. Is this so? If yes, then how much
      there?
      Thanks
      Dan
    • Frank Mathieson
      Message 2 of 11 , May 4, 2005
        No, that type of activated carbon is second rate and
        will not filter well. Best leave it to the fish tank.
        --- foutzdj <foutzdj@...> wrote:
        ---------------------------------
        Hey everyone, I found a jar of activated carbon for
        aquariums at a
        friends house. Can I still use this to clean up my
        finished product?
        How much do I use? for how long? Also, I've read about
        putting some in
        with your mash before fermentation. Is this so? If
        yes, then how much
        there?
        Thanks
        Dan

        Distillers list archives :
        http://archive.nnytech.net/

        Terms of Service.

        http://au.movies.yahoo.com
      • parkst5356
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 25, 2006
          anybody got any views on different types of activated carbon?
          i've been using carbon made from coal and was wondering if it has
          any advantages- disadvantages to coco-nut fibre carbon or anything
          else it is made from.thanks for any thoughts.
        • suitcase1499@aol.com
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 25, 2006
            In a message dated 7/25/2006 4:45:18 PM Eastern Standard Time,
            parkst5356@... writes:

            anybody got any views on different types of activated carbon?
            i've been using carbon made from coal and was wondering if it has
            any advantages- disadvantages to coco-nut fibre carbon or anything
            else it is made from.thanks for any thoughts.

            I tried some cheaper carbon I think it was made from wood a couple of years
            ago and it didn't work as well as the stone carbon.

            Suitcase

          • Link D'Antoni
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 25, 2006
              Follow this link (no pun intended) for Gert Strands
              site.
              http://www.partyman.se/free_ebook.html

              'a free, 28 page Ebook that tells everything there is
              to know about activated carbon for purification of
              home distilled alcohol.'

              Link

              http://mail.yahoo.com