Drip Rate Indicator

  • Ed
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2005
      This works good. My eyes are not that good at watching drips from 20
      feet away. I solved the problem by cutting a soda straw at a 30 degree
      angle and piercing it with a sewing needle at 90 degrees where as the
      part of the straw that is not angled is heavier than angled part. I
      place it over the mouth of the receiving jug and it tips up like a see-
      saw so I can watch the drip rate from a long distance. The length of
      the straw should be around 2 times the diameter of opening and leans
      down into the jug around 10 degrees. It sits off the center of the
      axis and will not walk off from side to side and fall into the jug.
      The drops hit the angled spot like a water wheel paddle and tips up
      about 12mm.
      Ed