Hola

  • David W Lunsford
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 30, 2005
      Hola Hector, glad to see you posting again, I made a friend at work from
      Chile, and in conversation, he mentioned several concoctions from home that
      he seemed to miss. Does anything come to mind? I would like to maybe fix
      him up with something, or give him a recipe...thanx, maxtonnage
    • Héctor A. Landaeta C.
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 30, 2005
        On 4/30/05 4:06 AM, "David W Lunsford" <maxtonnage@...> wrote:

        > Hola Hector, glad to see you posting again, I made a friend at work from
        > Chile, and in conversation, he mentioned several concoctions from home that
        > he seemed to miss. Does anything come to mind? I would like to maybe fix
        > him up with something, or give him a recipe...thanx, maxtonnage

        Hola David!
        Those guys from down there love their wine but I think they have this
        cultural snobbish thing about old scotch (that people here in Venezuela
        share, by the way). I know quite a lot of Chileans and almost all tend to
        like good scotch over any other spirit. I gather they also like brandy and
        grappa being that now there¹s this incipient industry there piggybacking the
        wine boom but that¹s rather recent. Do you know Pisco? That¹s from the
        Andes, not quite Chile but remember that those mountains start about here,
        relatively near from where I¹m living now, and stop down there in the
        Chilean and Argentinean Patagonia, so anything hot over Perú or Ecuador
        typically gets carried over, specially down river.
        Hope this helped.
        Salud!
        --
        Héctor Landaeta