Re: [Distillers] A theoretical question with a practical application

  • donald holcombe
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 27, 2005
      I think you are looking for a Proof & Tralle hydrometer. It measures Distilled ABV%. 0 to 100% or 0 to 200 proof .20 C is 68 F.. At 20C subtract 3 proof at 0 to 25 proof. 3.5 proof at 25 to 50 proof and 4 proof over 50 proof. Is this what you want or am I screwed up again ? I got the FLUE but Im not out of rum yet ! Let me know.

      yack144 <jack@...> wrote:

      Greetings,
      I have seen advertisements for a hygrometer-looking device used to
      measure the % of alcohol called a "Alcoholmeter" with a 0-100% alcohol
      scale. I understand how a hygrometer is used with beginning and
      ending measurements, but this device seems to work with the finished
      product. So, suppose someone forgot to take the initial reading and
      wanted to know the final %AbV of a distillate. Short of taking a
      reading on a known AbV and diluting by various amounts and developing
      your own conversion scale, is there one out there? I have Googled it
      to no avail. Help?
      Thanks,
      Yack144