using concentrates

  • nancyrae@xxxx.xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 12, 1999
      Hi, this is Ray Rust from Washington state in the USA.
      I have tryed using grape concentrates, and also others, with very good
      results,( this is for 5 gallons )I use 6 - 12 oz can's of your choice of concentrates , 1 tsp per gallon of yeast nutrient, 2 pounds of sugar per gallon, and 2 packages of wine east. let it set with a water lock for 10 to 14 days, or tell it settles down, and rack off into another container, let settle for a couple of days, and rack off again into your still.
      and by the way your metric system is about to drive my up a wall. Question? How much does 10 mls flavor in our system, is it about a quart. lol
      give this recipe a try if you havent all ready. Thank you Ray

      **** A note from topkiwi (Des)
      Each 10ml of essence flavours 1125ml (a large bottle) of spirit like whisky etc. My book tells me that 900ml is a quart. Others will probably be more helpful though. - Des