Re: [Distillers] Re: Off subject (Wine Making)

  • king pin
    Message 1 of 23 , Apr 2, 2005
      I think that Pin is prob a traditionalist, like myself, doing it the old fashioned way.(though I could be wrong). Juice concentrates and kits have changed the way things are done now a days. Its easier for the common person to make wine, rather than buy it, if simply adding yeast is involved. No need for crushing or pressing machines. I'll be the first to admit, doing it the old fashioned way, is a mess and a fuckload of work but I do it to carry on tradition. Personally, I've never heard of the adding water part but I'm doing it the way it was done generations ago. Either way, if the product pleases you, there is no wrong way, just dif methodology.

      KP
      yahpinot <pinotte23@...> wrote:

      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, donald holcombe
      <blackledge_02@y...> wrote:
      > I know several people who have tried a no water wine and it dont
      workPH and titration can be way off! I cant see how you can expect a
      no water wine to work. I can make wine from almost anything but not
      without water.

      You are kidding me on April fool day right? If you make a wine from
      banana or some other fruts, you may have to add water if the fruit
      does not contain enough. I am growing some grapes in my garden that I
      planted last year and living in Canada, I already know that the grapes
      will not be sweet enough and too much acid. I would never mix them
      with Merlot or Chardonnais because these cepages are far more superior
      in quality. When the grapes will be mature, I will never add water but
      I will have to do the procedure described by the guy I do not recall
      the name. I do not want to insult you but go read about wine because
      telling that a no water wine does not work is the weirdess thing I
      have heard.

      Pin

    • yahpinot
      Message 2 of 23 , Apr 3, 2005
        --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, king pin
        <kingpin_kingpin2001@y...> wrote:
        > I think that Pin is prob a traditionalist, like myself, doing it
        the old fashioned way.(though I could be wrong). Juice concentrates
        and kits have changed the way things are done now a days. Its
        easier for the common person to make wine, rather than buy it, if
        simply adding yeast is involved. No need for crushing or pressing
        machines. I'll be the first to admit, doing it the old fashioned
        way, is a mess and a fuckload of work but I do it to carry on
        tradition. Personally, I've never heard of the adding water part
        but I'm doing it the way it was done generations ago. Either way,
        if the product pleases you, there is no wrong way, just dif
        methodology.

        > KP

        I am not a traditionalist. When I decided to make wine I just bought
        a book. Concentrate wines kits can be quite good but too many
        deceptions made me switch to real wine. I could never go back to
        concentrate wines.

        Pin