no water wine

  • Julia
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 2, 2005
      Mine "no water wine" turn out super super good. Every friend and relative tried the wine said "Very Good". And actually mine wine taste exactly like "Concord" from Clover Hill Vanyards, PA. I'm not expert of making wine just follow the recipe and it works for me, maybe you can give it a try.

      donald holcombe <blackledge_02@...> wrote:
      I know several people who have tried a no water wine and it dont workPH and titration can be way off! I cant see how you can expect a no water wine to work. I can make wine from almost anything but not without water.

      yahpinot <pinotte23@...> wrote:
      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, harle61274@a... wrote:

      > In a message dated 3/31/2005 2:14:49 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
      > suitcase1499@a... writes:
      >
      > My wife bought some grapes on sale at the market and want's me
      totry
      > another round of wine. I was told to use 1lb of grapes and 1 lb of
      > sugar per gallon of water does anyone know if this is correct or
      not.
      > I made some a while back and it was to dry. Thanks for any info or
      > input.

      It may not be the place to add your question but you shoul never put
      any water. If the grape are not sweet enough you may have to add some
      sugar. I buy my grapes from california an I never add anything but
      yeast to activate the fermentation faster.

      Pin

    • donald holcombe
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 2, 2005
        Ive tried several new things since I joined this group. I will have to try this just to see what happen. Which Grapes should I try ?

        Julia <jfl38@...> wrote:Mine "no water wine" turn out super super good. Every friend and relative tried the wine said "Very Good". And actually mine wine taste exactly like "Concord" from Clover Hill Vanyards, PA. I'm not expert of making wine just follow the recipe and it works for me, maybe you can give it a try.

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 2, 2005
          All I know is not using the grapes from market. I used the grapes from our vine, it's kind of small and purple and it turn out red color wine. I don't know what kind of grapes is it, when we bought this farm grapes wine already there. The recipe I used was my mom's recipe just for your reference as follow.

          Rince the grapes, dry it or let it air dry, make sure no water. Then place them into dry glass jar, one layer grapes one layer sugar. 1.10lb of grapes to 5.29oz of sugar, if you don't like sweet wine, you can reduce the sugar a litle bit. NO need to crush the grapes. It's really easy to make. Leave the glass jar in cool place , 10 days later just turn the lid to let the air out then tighten it back again and 10 days later let the air out again, 2-3 month later you will have delicious wine ready to drink. My dad told me if not rush let it sit longer will be even better. I know this day my aunt and uncle still making wine this way.

          Good Luck!