Re: [Distillers] Off Topic (Biodiesel)

  • harle61274@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 2, 2005
      In a message dated 4/1/2005 5:36:44 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
      deanlil@... writes:

      To all the alternative fuel experts,

      Due to the current $1.20 a litre for diesel were he lives my father has
      decided he wants to have a go at making Biodiesel and one of the
      ingredients used in most recipes is Methanol, I know you can use ethanol
      but he can't have that : ).
      I was wondering if the heads and/or foreshots that I throw away could be
      used or if there is to many other nasty chemicals in it that may damage
      his motor ?

      Thanks.
      Dean.

      Id like to learn more about biodiesel do you know of any sites ?
      harle

    • mwmccaw
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 2, 2005
        http://journeytoforever.org/biofuel_library.html

        More information on biodiesel and all biofuels than you could read in
        a month!
        A lot of people are making biodiesel here. Methanol is cheap when you
        buy it by the large pail or small drum.

        Cheers,
        Mike McCaw
      • harle61274@aol.com