Re: Off Topic (Biodiesel)

  • Lindsay Williams
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 2, 2005
      Streuth, have you worked out how much booze you are going to have to
      drink to get that diesel motor even a few k's? And would you really
      want to go to the trouble of making that stuff?? Sounds like a
      dangerous PIA to me!

      Cheers,
      Lindsay.

    • harle61274@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 2, 2005
        In a message dated 4/1/2005 5:36:44 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
        deanlil@... writes:

        To all the alternative fuel experts,

        Due to the current $1.20 a litre for diesel were he lives my father has
        decided he wants to have a go at making Biodiesel and one of the
        ingredients used in most recipes is Methanol, I know you can use ethanol
        but he can't have that : ).
        I was wondering if the heads and/or foreshots that I throw away could be
        used or if there is to many other nasty chemicals in it that may damage
        his motor ?

        Thanks.
        Dean.

        Id like to learn more about biodiesel do you know of any sites ?
        harle

      • mwmccaw
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 2, 2005
          http://journeytoforever.org/biofuel_library.html

          More information on biodiesel and all biofuels than you could read in
          a month!
          A lot of people are making biodiesel here. Methanol is cheap when you
          buy it by the large pail or small drum.

          Cheers,
          Mike McCaw
        • harle61274@aol.com