Re: Jack Daniels

    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 2, 2005
      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "David" <dave.h1@b...> wrote:

      > hi all,
      > Does anyone know how to produce Jackl Daniels from Still spirits
      range
      > regards
      > dh19512003

      You asked the same damn question last week, and I gave you an answer.
      Don't you read replies?

      Harry
    • John McAdam
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 2, 2005
        blood pressure, Harry!

          > Does anyone know how to produce Jackl Daniels from Still spirits
          range
          > regards
          > dh19512003

          You asked the same damn question last week, and I gave you an answer.
          Don't you read replies?

          Harry

        • paul
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 2, 2005
            you gave him too many to pick from harry lol,do any still spirits really taste like jack daniels ,david have you got 4 feet of charred maple to siphon it through .or take a large bottle of jd and cut it 60 /40 with your spirit
            paul
            > Does anyone know how to produce Jackl Daniels from Still spirits
            range
            > regards
            > dh19512003

            You asked the same damn question last week, and I gave you an answer.
            Don't you read replies?

            Harry

          • Dean Thomas
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 2, 2005
              You might with time and patience duplicate it but why, Jack is very nice
              for a commercially produced spirit but with the right still spirits
              whiskey and the correct ageing Its not impossible to go one better
              (keeping in mind that everyone's tastes are different). I have a bottle
              of gentlemen Jack on top of the fridge, an excellent whiskey and maybe I
              am biased but I think that my still spirits is smoother and with a
              little practice in the ageing area I hope to make it taste better.

              Duplication of someone else's nice drop is great but creating a drink of
              your own with its own character is a hole lot more fun. Besides after a
              few even the failures don't taste too bad.
              And then when your curiosity gets strong enough you can try making a
              whiskey from scratch : )
              Dean.

              paul wrote:

              ><SNIP> do any still spirits really taste like jack daniels <SNIP>
              >

              > --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "David" <dave.h1@b...> wrote:
              > >
              > > hi all,
              > > Does anyone know how to produce Jackl Daniels from Still spirits
              > range
              > > regards
              > > dh19512003

            • paul
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 2, 2005
                i totally agree i make my own from mixtures of grain ,and although it takes a little more effort i think it excells above most of what i have bought in the last 25 years apart from maybe a few expensive fav's.but as you read people keep asking for a essence that tastes like xxxx etc etc .from the essences i've tried for scotch and whisky and rum none have come close ,the rum essence made my rum drinking mate gag ,whereas the industrial rum recipe off the recipe page had him asking for more .if you really want something nice go the extra effort it's worth it .straight sugar wash has a very different taste and high to grain ,but if you like no effort alcohol the sugars a blessing .
                paul