nice and nasty

  • BFY51@prankster13.fsnet.co.uk
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 2, 2005
      Not been at it long, done 5 'turbo 48' 6k sugar runs with my Mile high 26
      quart refluxing still.
      I have made a poor mans parrots beak with a hydrometer, copper tube and
      stainless measure jug.
      I have 2 x1 gallon glass jars with clean none smelly spirit 93%
      another 5 x 1 pint bottles with sweet smelling 85s% liquid in 'tops'
      and nearly 3 gallon mixed smelly socks 'tails'.
      The tails are 80s% I have put the tails back through and they don't improve
      much,
      I have about 10 jars that I switch between, sniffing at enthusiastically
      like a perv smelling bicycle seats.
      1 gallon of 80% tails /4 pint water, what returns is back up to high 80'c
      but smelly socks.
      Cant seem to get the tails into the 90's with no smell, however slow I set
      the still.
      There is loads of booze in there, It burns blue/purple with a yellow top to
      the flame, tastes like paraffin, leaves a scum on the tongue like its full
      of oil,
      I just need to get it out. Or know if its going to the tip.
      I might buy and old stationary farm engine to use it as a fuel of sorts.

      So I have done five 5 gallon mixes,
      from the five I have, 2 gall 93%clean
      5 pint bottles of sweet smelling tops 85s%
      2.3/4 gallon of smelly sock tails 80s%

      So am I being greedy? should I be happy with the 2 gallons of 93%,
      I thought I would get a gallon of spirit for every 5 gallon mix.
    • CR Sound
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 4, 2005
        BFY I would like someone to answer this one!
        Hello gang any help here ?

      • suitcase1499@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 4, 2005
          Well I'd like to help but sorry I can't. Hell all I get from my homemade
          still is in the 70%-80% range but after I filter it through the carbon it's pretty
          good.

          Suitcase

        • CR Sound
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 4, 2005
            I guess the real question is:
            Snip>

          • suitcase1499@aol.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 4, 2005
              In a message dated 4/4/2005 3:32:29 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
              crsound@... writes:

              So am I being greedy? should I be happy with the 2 gallons of 93%,
              > I thought I would get a gallon of spirit for every 5 gallon mix.

              CR

              Well according to the calculations on homedistiller you should get about 3
              liters of 93% from a 5 gallon wash @ 15%abv.

              Suitcase