Re: [Distillers] Pictures of Oak

  • suitcase1499@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 31, 2005
      In a message dated 3/31/2005 9:43:13 PM Eastern Standard Time,
      blackledge_02@... writes:

      will get a better flavor? Maple? Birch? Sandal? Mahogany? :-)

      Well I know Jack Daniels use's maple charcoal to filter their's with. I have
      tried Hickory here where I'm from we use it to Bar-B-Que with but it aint
      worth shit for whiskey. Now someone else may say different. JMHO. In all I've
      personally tried white oak is best. But I'm gonna try sugar maple it makes great
      syrup so it make give whiskey a good flavor.

      Suitcase